wp-config.php and add following two lines of code below .
Alert! This step is important otherwise when you’ll enter your password in the plugin form it’ll be saved as plain text, which isn’t secure.
define( 'WPMS_ON', true ); define( 'WPMS_SMTP_PASS', 'your_password' );//password of the email that you want to use to send emails
- Login in to WordPress admin.
- Install WP Mail SMTP by WPForms and activate it
- Go to the plugin’s settings and fill “From email” address that you want to use for sending emails. Remember it should be a valid email otherwise the mails may go to spam.
- Give some meaningful “From name” and select your desired SMTP in case it’s not listed select other, for this example I’m using Zoho and I’ve selected the other.
- Now fill in SMTP host, select encryption and fill other required data as shown in below screenshot.
Now we are done with the setup, now scroll up and click on “Email Test”, and then fill in your own email address to get a test email. Remember the email that is sent from the test includes marketing messages so may go to your spam so better to see your spam as well. But the meaningful emails won’t go spams 🙂
The email you’ll get will look like something like below.